Re: Simple Column reordering - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Simple Column reordering
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 07:52 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> I really don't think that we can accept under any circumstances a
> situation where something ... breaks:

Yes, I've accepted that, in response to Peter earlier today.

> If you really want an interim solution, what about a builtin function
> that would explicitly mutate the definition and table contents (if any)
> along the lines you want? (assuming that's lots less work than just
> doing the whole thing right to start with). Or even one which just
> *displayed* the optimal order might be sufficient assistance to DBAs who
> want to take advantage of this.

I think the only interim solution now is to put functionality into
PgAdmin et al to optimize the column order.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com