Re: How to set UTF8 to query browser of PgAdmin III - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rafael Martinez, Guerrero
Subject Re: How to set UTF8 to query browser of PgAdmin III
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 08:17 +0100, dfx wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I am workink on Windows 2000 with PgAdmin III v. 1.6.2
>
> If I open an sql file created with UTF8 encoding the characters with accent
> are not reproduced correctly.
> If I open the same file with MS Word or JEdit or also PgAdmin III on Fedora
> Core 5 it is all ok.
> Note, the file was created on window machine with the same PgAdmin, and was
> created correctly (UTF8 encoded).
>
> Client encoding on postgresql.conf is set to UTF8 and checked.
>
> What I have to do to instruct PgAdmin to load correctly UTF8 files?

Hello

We have 'client_encoding = iso8859-1' in our postgresql.conf to see
properly our 'special' characters when the database is utf8. I suppose
you will have to choose the correct encoding for your language too
insteed of utf8.

--
Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no>
University of Oslo, Norway