Re: Lock compatibility matrix - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Lock compatibility matrix
Date
Re: Lock compatibility matrix  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 11:09 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Pavan Deolasee wrote:
> > I had this in a different form, but reworked so that it matches the
> > doc patch that Teodor submitted earlier. I think it would be good to
> > have this information in the lock.h file as well.
>
> Why would we want to have two redundant copies of the same information?

The lock information is not available anywhere in the form of a matrix.

I've personally found a matrix useful for application design, though
that hasn't influenced Pavan's independent creation of exactly that.

--
  Simon Riggs