Postgres Replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dcrespo
Subject Postgres Replication
Date
Re: Postgres Replication  (Ben <bench@silentmedia.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi everybody,

I have two computers with a Postgres Database each. I want one of them
to be the replica of the other one; let's say I want a Master to Master
replication in order to use either one (but only one at a time) as the
main database: in case of failure, switch. The ideal synchronization
way would be Synchronous. However, these two computers are going to be
next to each other, so the asynchronous synchronization would be fast
enough (I don't really know. Can you tell so?) for the case synchronous
sync is not available.

What I have found so far is Daffodil and Slony-I. Daffodil's name
doesn't even appear in Postgresql.org, which is not the case for
Slony-I. So there's a big point in favor to Slony-I.

Has anybody researched on this that can point me in the right
direction?

Thanks a lot,

Daniel Crespo