Re: COPY with no WAL, in certain circumstances - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: COPY with no WAL, in certain circumstances
List pgsql-patches
> > BEGIN;
> >    CREATE TABLE foo...
> >    INSERT INTO foo VALUES ('1');
> >    COPY foo...
> >
> > COMMIT;
>
> On ABORT, the entire table disappears, as well as the INSERT, so I don't
> see any problem.  I assume the INSERT is WAL logged.

No I don't see any problems, I am just trying to understand the
boundaries. E.g., is there some weird limitation where if I have any
values in the table before the copy (like the example above) that copy
will go through WAL.

Or in other words, does this patch mean that all COPY execution that is
within a transaction will ignore WAL?

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/