Re: Anything I can do to speed up this query? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ragnar
Subject Re: Anything I can do to speed up this query?
List pgsql-general
[ Marcus, you should folow up to the lists, so that other
people can benefit from the discussion ]

On fim, 2006-12-07 at 09:25 +0100, Marcus Engene wrote:

> Ragnar skrev:
> >>
> >> SELECT Field1, Field2, Field3... FieldN FROM TargetTable ORDER BY Field1
> >> DESC;
> >

> > you might consider CLUSTER
>
> Would putting the index on a separate tablespace on another harddisk
> have a similar effect?

we haven't had any real information from the OP. as far
as I can tell, he has not answered any questions about
his case, so we really have no idea where his problem is.

if he has extra harddisks that are not used, there may be
many ways of taking advantage of that.

gnari