Re: File Systems Compared - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: File Systems Compared
List pgsql-performance
> As you suggest, database replication provides one of those features, and
> Solaris ZFS has many of the data management features found in high end SANs.
> Perhaps we can get the best of both?
>
> In the end, I think SAN vs. server storage is a religious battle.

I agree. I have many people that want to purchase a SAN because someone
told them that is what they need... Yet they can spend 20% of the cost
on two external arrays and get incredible performance...

We are seeing great numbers from the following config:

(2) HP MS 30s (loaded) dual bus
(2) HP 6402, one connected to each MSA.

The performance for the money is incredible.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/