Re: Re: Pg7.2 (was: vacuum and 24/7 uptime) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: Pg7.2 (was: vacuum and 24/7 uptime)
Date
List pgsql-general
>> ... I don't believe that anything as large as PIT recovery is
>> going to magically appear out of the woodwork.

> Someone told me they would do it.  I will not disclose their name
> because I don't think I have the right to do that.

And if "hacker X" delivers a patch that large a week or so before beta,
with no prior discussion of features or implementation techniques on
the mailing lists, we'd accept it?  Hacker X needs to be told that
that's not how this project is run.

            regards, tom lane