Re: doc patch for savepoints - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: doc patch for savepoints
List pgsql-patches
> Joseph Shraibman <jks@selectacast.net> writes:
> > +   <para>
> > +    Savepoints use shared memory.  If you use many savepoints without
> > releasing them, you
> > +    will run out of shared memory and you may see an error like this in
> > your log:
>
> I do not see the point of this.  Shall we put equivalent disclaimers
> into every single construct that consumes shared memory?

Stating that it uses shared memory? Absolutely. Stating that you may run
out? No, that is implicit in that shared memory is a static value made
available to the operating system (well dynamic, but statically
configured).

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/