CertFirst Legit? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From rnshah@imap.cc
Subject CertFirst Legit?
Date
List pgsql-general
I've been tasked with administering one of our PostgreSQL databases and
know little or nothing about the product (though I do have DB
experience).  I've been looking for training and came across an
administration class at 'http://www.postgresql.org/about/event.425' on
the main web site.  When I called the certfirst people offering the
classes I got the impression that they weren't on the up and up.  When I
asked if the class in Newport Beach was sure to run they tried to talk
me into taking a class in their Illinois location, and when I asked
about a class in January in Vegas they told me it was already full but I
could take the December class in Illinois -- but they wouldn't tell me
where their classes in Vegas are held.

Can anyone provide me with a reference for these guys?  Also, they claim
to offer a certification but it is done online using some web site I've
never heard of.