Re: Bug in functions returning setof where table has dropped column? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug in functions returning setof where table has dropped column?
Date
List pgsql-general
Stephen Quinney <stephen.quinney@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:
> I have written a function which shows fairly simply my problem.

> CREATE FUNCTION foobar() RETURNS SETOF wibble AS
> 'SELECT * FROM wibble' LANGUAGE SQL;

> Doing 'select * from foobar();' gives me the error:

> ERROR: query-specified return row and actual function return row do not
> match

Yeah, there are various bits of the system that are still not fully
comfortable with dropped columns, and that's one of them.  Not sure
how hard it would be to fix this particular problem.

            regards, tom lane