Re: postgres 9.3 vs. 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mkrtchyan, Tigran
Subject Re: postgres 9.3 vs. 9.4
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Merlin et al.

after building postgres 9.4 myself from sources I get the same performance as
with 9.3. The difference was in the value of debug_assertions setting.

Now the next step. Why my 3 years old laptop gets x1.8 times more tps than my one month old server?
And Mark Kirkwood's desktop gets x2 times more tps as well? Is there some special optimization
for i7 which does not work with Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2660?

Thanks,
  Tigran.