Re: postgresql rising - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: postgresql rising
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 08:47, Brad Nicholson wrote:

> > > I think that description is false.  At a certain point in the
> > > management hierarchy, the only way anyone has the ability to evaluate
> > > something is on the basis of reputation.
> >
> > I think that description is false.  At a certain point in the management
> > hierarchy, the only way anyone has the ability to evaluate something is on
> > the basis of....
> >
> > - if there is someone they can sue.
>
> Good luck attempting to sue Microsoft, Oracle or IBM for deficiencies in
> their database products.

I had a boss once who panned PostgreSQL because he wanted a company to
be able to blame if things went wrong.  I asked him if it wasn't more
important to worry about preventing things from going wrong in the first
place.  I got a rather blank stare for a while.  No answer.