Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> writes:
> On 29 May 2011 14:04, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Anything that even pretends to be a bug tracker will do that.  The
>> real question is, who is going to keep it up to date?  GSM has the
>> right point of view here: we need at least a couple of people who
>> are willing to invest substantial amounts of time, or it's not going
>> to go anywhere.  Seeing that we can barely manage to keep the mailing
>> list moderator positions staffed, I'm not hopeful.

> It's not glamorous work, but it is a very accessible way to
> contribute, without the need to block out hours at a time.  A bug
> wrangler could very readily log in, sort out reports for 20 minutes
> and then go do something else with the rest of their day.

Yup, you're right.  But the same comments can be made about mailing list
moderation, and I've lost count of the number of fails we've seen in
that domain.  Anyway, as I said earlier, I'm not standing in the way of
anybody who wants to volunteer.