Re: Another reason to hate our name... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Devrim GUNDUZ
Subject Re: Another reason to hate our name...
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello Jim,

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 18:21 -0500, Jim Nasby wrote:
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=postgresql%2Cpostgres%
> 2Cdb2&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all
>
> (Yes, I tried with MSSQL, Oracle and MySQL as well... the results...
> weren't pretty)

Did you also try with MS, OracleSQL and My? Removing SQL from Postgre(s)
is the same as this, I think.

I don't see a point in changing our name -- let's focus on new features,
new marketing ideas, etc. If a person does not use PostgreSQL because of
our name, then he/she may surely drop, I don't care.

Cheers,

Attachment