Re: The Art of SQL - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Brad Nicholson
Subject Re: The Art of SQL
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 08:59 -0600, Gordon Haverland wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm a little more than half way through this book (The Art of
> SQL), doing a book review of it for my local LUG.
>
> All in all, it looks like a very good book to me.  I do think that
> it should be looked at by novice SQL people, if for no other
> reason that to try and keep certain bad habits from forming.
>
> For the novice, I think some other document which talks more about
> indexes and foreign keys is needed as well.

That's not the books target market.  If you read the section at the
start "Assumptions made by this book" - it assumes that you're already
pretty darn familiar with databases, SQL, indexing, ect.  I'd imagine
that there are books target at the Novice market that are more
appropriate.