Re: Connection limit and Superuser - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Connection limit and Superuser
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca> writes:
> > It appears that the superuser does not have connection limit
> > enforcement. I think this should be changed.
>
> If you're superuser, you are not subject to access restrictions,
> by definition.  I cannot imagine any scenario under which the
> above would be a good idea.  (Hint: it would be more likely to
> lock out manual admin connections than Slony.)

If you don't want an admin user to have a connection limit, give them
"-1" or no connection limit.

Anyway, you're right that Slony should not require superuser status but
at the moment that is rather tricky to accomplish since it wants to muck
about in the system catalogues, use pg_cancel_backend, among other
things.