Re: Forcing wal rotation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Forcing wal rotation
Date
Re: Forcing wal rotation  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> "Florian G. Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
> > I've now thought about how to fix that without doing that rather crude rsync-pg_xlog-hack.
> > I've read through the code, and learned that wal-segments are expected to have a specific size -
> > thus rotating them "early" is not that easy.
>
> Simon was working on a patch for this at the code sprint; I think it's
> submitted to -patches already.

Slightly different patch. I'm working on this one still.

> Explicitly filling the segment as you
> propose would be really bad for performance.

Yes, current approach I am taking is better than that.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com