Re: newbie patch-attempt: selecting large result sets in - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: newbie patch-attempt: selecting large result sets in
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 21:19 +0200, Chris Mair wrote:
> One of the problems with this was that a user would expect psql to
> work as usual (including all format and output option stuff) and
> to do this properly most of the psql output code would need to be
> refactored.

Even if the refactoring were done, I think having a separate interface
would be a good idea, because it makes it more obvious that queries
submitted via cursors behave differently (e.g. in the case of a network
failure in the midst of executing the query).

> The patch is here [2], is working, but needs some performance
> improvment and double checking.

BTW, the patch leaks the content of "buf" (you need to
termPQExpBuffer()).

-Neil