Re: Which processor runs better for Postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steve Poe
Subject Re: Which processor runs better for Postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Vivek,

Thanks for your feedback.  Which Dell server did you purchase?

The client has a PowerEdge 2600 and they STILL want Dell. Again, if it
were my pocketbook, Dell would not be there.

The client has a 30GB DB. This is large for me, but probably not with
you. Also, I am advising the client to go to a 10+ disc array (from 3)
and enough RAM to load half the DB into memory.

Steve