Re: More on inheritance and foreign keys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: More on inheritance and foreign keys
List pgsql-hackers
Ühel kenal päeval, N, 2006-06-08 kell 08:38, kirjutas Albert Cervera
Areny:
> Hi,
>     after starting this thread
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-05/msg00222.php, I thought
> I'd finally go for making foreign keys my own way instead of trying to patch
> PostgreSQL. However, I've realized that managing foreign keys with my own
> PL/SQL or C function isn't possible as I need DEFERRED checks which are
> currently only available for foreign keys.

remember that you must manage both ends of foreign key. and you have to
lock the other table while changing values at either end.

--
Hannu Krosing

Skype me:  callto:hkrosing
Get Skype for free:  http://www.skype.com