Re: New tzdata available - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New tzdata available
Date
Re: New tzdata available  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@CommandPrompt.com> writes:
> I think the first step is to install the zic binary along the rest of
> the stuff, so that a user without the source tree can compile the tzdata
> package.  Unless the compiled representation is portable, which I kinda
> doubt?

Actually, it is.  In fact, it's so portable that their recent extension
to 64-bits (for Y2038) is fully upward compatible with existing programs.

So one solution is to just provide a zipfile of the updated timezone
file tree and tell people to drop it into their installations.