Re: Major donors - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Major donors
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 12:37, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> As sponsors page that will delineate between size of monetary
> contribution is going to cause problems with those who donate a great
> deal of in-kind contributions.
>
> Elein is a perfect example. If she goes to 3 shows how much is that
> worth? My day rate is 2500.00 (if I am out of towm) plus expenses....

ISTM if you are distributing flyers/business cards with your name over
them, your already getting a return on your time investment at a given
show, especially in cases like oscon where the booth is provided to the
project for free.  If you are paying to get postgresql entry into the
conference (like was recently discussed in the dubai thread) then that
might be a little different, but I think we need some kind of
delineation between companies who pay developer salaries, people who
staff booths where they get to advertise their wares, and people who
send in a check (Well, that assumes the goal isn't just to compile the
largest list of sponsors we can, but actually give real recognition to
those who continually sponsor this project and the folks who might give
a one time donation).

Robert Treat