newbie question - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From ivan marchesini
Subject newbie question
Date
Re: newbie question
List pgsql-sql
Dear users..
I have fastly created a table in a postgresql database..
some columns where edited by hand (columns A, B, C), and some others
(columns D, E, F) have been calculated as a result of mathematical
equation (where the factors are the A, B, C columns)....
now I simply need to change some values in the A, B, C columns and I
would like to obtain the correct values in the D, E, F column...
I know that this is a tipical problem of a spreadsheet but how can I
solve it with a DBMS??
there a way to impose some constrain, also after the table is already
filled with values??
I need only some suggestions to start.. then I can go on by myself!!
thank you very much
Ivan

--
Ivan Marchesini