Take advantage of PREPARE (Pool of Conections) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marcos
Subject Take advantage of PREPARE (Pool of Conections)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I will have an aplication on the web that will have many connections
because it will be looking for data.

I'm doing the main functions that will be used in PL/PGSQL, they use the
PREPARE resource, but in order to use it, I need the connection to be
permanent because the PLAN generated by PREPARE only exists while the
connection is opened.

This means, if each visitor of the website opens and closes the
connection, PREPARE is useless.

I need the connection pool for POSTGRESQL for Linux, but i don't know
how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Marcos.