Re: Search machine is ready - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Devrim GUNDUZ
Subject Re: Search machine is ready
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 23:41 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> Which is great as far as the core OS goes, and we'd be grateful to CMD for
> handling it. Our wish for root access is to enable us to deal with non-OS
> related issues (upgrading a streamlined Apache build for example) and to
> handle unforseen problems that you or your staff might not be able to deal
> with immediately, or have enough knowledge of the specifics to deal with
> without hand-holding.

Dave, why don't you use the vendor packages? I believe Joshua will use
Fedora Core, and I'd use vendor Apache, etc.

For example, today I upgraded RPM's of Ferengi and now one will need to
recompile Apache and other stuff as every new version is released -- Why
do we lose time with that?

As a part of WWW team and CMD, I'd be happy to coordinate the stuff,
BTW.

Regards,
Co-Authors: PL/php, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/