Re: [BUGS] Fails to work on live images due to fsync() on pg_commit_ts before doing any write there - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] Fails to work on live images due to fsync() on pg_commit_ts before doing any write there
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> My thought about this is just to ignore EINVAL when fsync'ing a directory,
>> as we already do with EBADF.

> Yeah, I suppose we could, just not sure that an EINVAL should really be
> getting returned here, imv.

Yeah, it does sound more like a filesystem bug than anything else.
(I completely reject the notion that it's an application error to
fsync a directory when you haven't modified it.)

In view of the fact that we just wrapped 10.1, it'd be 3 months before
any change from our side would reach the wild.  I think a key question
here is whether the Kali developers are likely to fix it from their side
in less time than that.