Re: [BUGS] BUG #2171: Differences compiling plpgsql in - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #2171: Differences compiling plpgsql in
Date
Re: [BUGS] BUG #2171: Differences compiling plpgsql in ecpg
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 23:48 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have researched your report, and you are right, there are two ecpg
> bugs here.  First, dollar quoting uses single-quotes internally to do
> the quoting, but it does not double any single-quotes in the
> dollar-quoted string.

As a matter of curiosity, why does ecpg handle dollar quoting like that?
psql, for example, happily just passes a dollar quoted string through to
the backend, without any need to convert it to a conventionally quoted
string.

cheers

andrew