Re: [PERFORMANCE] Stored Procedures - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Marcos
Subject Re: [PERFORMANCE] Stored Procedures
Date
List pgsql-performance
Em Sex, 2006-01-20 às 15:34 -0600, Jim C. Nasby escreveu:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 08:38:23PM +0100, Rikard Pavelic wrote:
> > This would solve problems with prepare which is per session, so for
> > prepared function to be
> > optimal one must use same connection.
>
> If you're dealing with something that's performance critical you're not
> going to be constantly re-connecting anyway, so I don't see what the
> issue is.

This one was my doubt, perhaps in based desktop applications this is
true, but in web applications this is not the re-connecting is
constant :(.

Then the preprare not have very advantage because your duration is per
session.

Marcos.