autovacuum and temporary tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject autovacuum and temporary tables
Date
Re: autovacuum and temporary tables  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I have a postgres 8.0 installation, and I'm running autovacuum against
it. I have noticed that it processes temporary tables too, which is in
itself a bit curious, but the problem is that autovacuum might even
crash if a temporary table is suddenly gone while it tries to vacuum
it... that's what happened once here. I'm not sure what are the
necessary conditions to trigger this, it only happened once.

I searched in the release notes and googled a bit, but could not
(quickly) find what's the status of autovacuum vs. temporary tables in
8.1. I have seen that that was one of Tom's outstanding issues with
autovacuum to be included in the core, but was this resolved ?

Thanks,
Csaba.