Re: Proposed change to Lists page - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposed change to Lists page
Date
List pgsql-www
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> For the past week I've been receiving autoreplies from
> rabuh.sspam@uol.com.br in response to posts on pgsql-general and
> pgsql-sql.  My mail filters are automatically deleting these messages
> but they might be annoying to others.  In accordance with the above
> policy, how should we nominate somebody to be unsubscribed?

The usual procedure is that you let Marc (scrappy at hub dot org) know
about it, and the offender will be summarily unsubscribed.  Autoreplies
to list traffic are considered sufficient grounds for ejection around
here.  Personally, I might cut people a break for a misconfigured
"vacation" program, on the expectation that the annoyance is temporary
... but don't *ever* send me a prove-you-aren't-spam challenge in
response to mail from a list you subscribed to.

(BTW, right at the moment Marc is on vacation, so don't expect super
fast response...)

            regards, tom lane