Re: Installing the latest 8.1.1 rpms question. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GUNDUZ
Subject Re: Installing the latest 8.1.1 rpms question.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 08:16 -0500, Jerry LeVan wrote:

> Oh well, I chickened out and rm'ed the existing rpms and noted which
> dependencies were deleted via pencil and paper.
>
> I then installed the new rpms and reinstalled the previous dependencies.

Why didn't you use rpm -Uvh? That would for for 8.1.0-8.1.1 upgrade.

Also I'd not use Synaptics for various reasons.

We have a document about RPM installation. You may refer to that
document next time:

http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000048

egards,
Co-Authors: PL/php, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/