Postgres 7.4.9 slow! - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mario Splivalo
Subject Postgres 7.4.9 slow!
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello! I'm not sure if this belongs to this mailing list, if not, please
tell me to redirect to where it belongs.

I have a query that does COUNT, LEFT JOIN and GROUP BY from two tables.
One has 85000 records, and other has 1000000 records. I've been running
the tests on 7.4.3, with SET ENABLE_SEQSCAN TO OFF, and I get 9-11
seconds for that query. Query plan shows that postgres is using both
indexes on both tables (one index is set on primary key, naturaly, and
other is manualy set on foreign key in 'child' table). That is
acceptable.

But, now I downloaded postgres 7.4.9, and i'm running the very same
query on the very same database with all the indices and constraints
beeing the same (also SET ENABLE_SEQSCAN TO OFF), and I get around
90-110 seconds.

Has anyone noticed extreeme slowdown of postgres 7.4.9?
Mike
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."