Re: drop if exists - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: drop if exists
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 20:29 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>  From time to time the suggestion crops up of allowing a DROP IF EXISTS
> ... syntax. This seems not unreasonable, and I just spent a few minutes
> looking at what might be involved. Especially in the case of a table,
> view, sequence and index the changes look like they would be very modest
> indeed, and not enormously greater in the case of  a type, domain,
> conversion and schema.

I would rather have a 'rollback or release savepoint' command which
would rollback to the savepoint if there was an error or release it
otherwise.

This way any command or combination of commands could be aborted or
continued as a group in a statically defined script.