Re: Minor point about contrib/xml2 functions "IMMUTABLE" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Minor point about contrib/xml2 functions "IMMUTABLE"
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2005-12-10 at 23:46 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Agreed.  I have changed them both to stable.  I think xslt_process()
> should be stable because it is unlikely you would want a URL's contents
> to change inside a transaction

Why is it "unlikely"?

If a function's return value for a particular set of arguments could
change within a single table scan, the function is volatile -- ISTM
xslt_process() clearly falls within that definition.

-Neil