Re: Sending function parametars within EXECUTE ''SELECT... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mario Splivalo
Subject Re: Sending function parametars within EXECUTE ''SELECT...
List pgsql-sql

broadcast)---------------------------
> > TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
> >

> FOR rec IN EXECUTE ''SELECT COUNT(col1) AS num FROM tmpTbl WHERE col2
= " ||
> aBid || '' LOOP

Huh! :) Seems so obvious now :)

Is there a way to assing variable a value returned from query that
accesses the temporary table in a way you explained above?

For instance, I can do:

myValue := col2 FROM tmpTbl WHERE someValue = somethingElse...

But then I encounter the problem with temp tables. Can I do EXECUTE'd
SELECT like you explained above? Or I need to do 'widdleing' with FOR
like explained above?
       Mario