Re: [SQL] How do I copy part of table from db1 to db2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joost Kraaijeveld
Subject Re: [SQL] How do I copy part of table from db1 to db2
Date
List pgsql-general
> Joost Kraaijeveld <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> writes:
> If, as seems more likely, there's a mishmash of different encodings then
> you are in for some pain.  At the minimum you'll have to separate out
Yep. The original database (which is copied to an SQL-ASCII PostgreSQL
database) is a mishmash of encodings. Actually no official encoding is
given for the database.

But I managed to get an acceptable (for me that is) import, only losing
all the diacritical chars for this moment (see other mail)

Thanks for responding,

Joost.