Re: How do I copy part of table from db1 to db2 (and - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joost Kraaijeveld
Subject Re: How do I copy part of table from db1 to db2 (and
Date
Re: How do I copy part of table from db1 to db2 (and  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
Re: [SQL] How do I copy part of table from db1 to db2 (and  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 12:40 +0200, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
>     check these man pages: pg_dump(1), pg_restore(1), alter_table(7)

I am afraid that the problem is more complex. The original database (which is created with SQL_ASCII) contains invalid
bytesequences in some columns (target database created with UNICODE):

jkr@Panoramix:~/postgresql$  pg_dump -t artik munttest | psql muntfinal
> output.txt
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xeb207a
CONTEXT:  COPY artik, line 11705, column omschrijving: "Anna v. Groot
Brittannië zi prf 38.61 mm"

So I cannot dump/restore/alter table. I was hoping that piping the text
from stdout to psql that a valid conversion to unicode would take place
but apparently that is not the case.

Any other ideas?

Joost