Re: Time to start the PR machine - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Time to start the PR machine
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 14:05 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Well, folks,  it's that time of year again!  That time when we spend a few
> weeks arguing over phrasing in the PostgreSQL Release.

I'd like to suggest doing 2 press releases:

1. Wide press release showing the coverity results, and saying that 8.1
has just entered beta. Soon.

2. Release notice later in the year.

My experience last year was that the press are interested more in News
or an angle (i.e. #1) and not very interested in software releases (i.e.
#2). I think we *have* to do #2, however...

Best Regards, Simon Riggs