Re: Call for objections: removing contrib/rserv for 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Call for objections: removing contrib/rserv for 8.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Although plans for a more general cleanup of contrib/ will have to go
>> back on the shelf for a future release, the core committee is still of
>> the opinion that it'd be wise to remove rserv in 8.0.

> Also we really should probably rip out Tsearch (not Tsearc2) as well.

Eventually yes, but I'm not too concerned about it misleading people,
since the competition (tsearch2) is right there beside it.  The contrib
tree needs a thorough going over to eliminate deadwood, but during beta
is probably not the time to undertake that project.