Re: Problem with self-made plpgsql-function / casting - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mark Dingee
Subject Re: Problem with self-made plpgsql-function / casting
List pgsql-sql
Moritz,

The issue is most likely with the passed parameters themselves, not the
assignments within the function.  When you call the function, be sure to
cast arguments that don't comply with your function definition.  For
example:

Look at your function call.  Does it look like this?

select fc_editlanguage(123, 'some name', 'some text value', 456)

What you need to do is be more specific with the types being passed.

Try this instead:

select fc_editlanguage(123, 'some name'::varchar, 'some text
value'::varchar, 456)

Best of luck,
Mark