Re: Simplifying wal_sync_method - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Simplifying wal_sync_method
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 17:44 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> In summary, we added all those wal_sync_method values in hopes of
> getting some data on which is best on which platform, but having gone
> several years with few reports, I am thinking we should just choose the
> best ones we can and move on, rather than expose a confusing API to the
> users.

I agree this should be attempted over the 8.1 beta period.

This is a good case for having a Port Coordinator assigned for each
port, so we could ask them to hunt out the solution for their platform.
Maybe this is something that we can broadcast to the BuildFarm team, so
each person can reflect on the appropriate settings?

Best Regards, Simon Riggs