DBD::PgSPI killing server connection - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Scott Cain
Subject DBD::PgSPI killing server connection
List pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

I am trying to write a plperlu function that uses DBD::PgSPI with Pg
version 7.4.8 (obtained via RPM from the Fedora Core 3 project).  When I
install plperlu via 'createlang plperlu dbname' and then create this
function:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION perl_test() RETURNS void AS ' use DBI;
 my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:PgSPI:internal", "", ""); my $sth = $dbh->prepare("select * from cvterm where name =
''gene''");$sth->execute; while (my @array = $sth->fetchrow_array) {   print "@array\n"; }

' LANGUAGE plperlu;

I then get this output when trying 'select perl_test();'

yeast=# select perl_test();
server closed the connection unexpectedly       This probably means the server terminated abnormally       before or
whileprocessing the request.

The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

I'm guessing there is something fundamental about DBD::PgSPI that I am
not getting; any idea what that is?

Thanks much,
Scott

Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                         cain@cshl.edu