Re: Updates on large tables are extremely slow - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Updates on large tables are extremely slow
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Ok, if all 21 are affected, I can understand the problem.
> But allow me to say that this is a "functional error"

It's a choice between total throughput on a high load, high connection
basis (MVCC dramatically wins here), versus a single user, low load
scenario (MS Access is designed for this).

Believe me when I say that a lot of people have spent a lot of time
explicitly making the system work that way.