Re: Need EuroOSCON lead - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Need EuroOSCON lead
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 11:57 +0200, Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:
> Le Tuesday May 17, 2005 at 09:19:19PM +0100, Simon Riggs a écrit :
> > OK. I volunteer.
> > Anybody reading this want to join in, drop me a note.
> > Best Regards, Simon Riggs
>
> I'm interested in joining you, what kind of conference I can present?
>
> I'm currently working on an infrastructure based on pgpool+slony-I, to prevent
> from db failure, permit connexion pool, a bit of load balancing, etc..

> Do you think I could present it there

That would be brilliant - excellent suggestion.

> (in english for sure).

Hmmm, I checked the site for Language, but there is no mention of it.
Presumably that means English only, which is a shame...

Current Ideas/Volunteers for talks:

PostgreSQL - Roadmap & Project News    Simon Riggs
PostgreSQL - High Availability        Jean-Paul Argudo
PostgreSQL - Backup and Recovery    Simon Riggs
PostgreSQL - Windows Success Story        ??
PostgreSQL - European Language & Locales    ??
Data Warehousing with Bizgres/PostgreSQL   Simon Riggs
PostgreSQL - Full Text Search         Oleg/ needs presenter
PostgreSQL - Java J2EE integration        ??
PostgreSQL in Financial Services        ??
PostgreSQL and Hibernate            ??
Advanced XML using PostgreSQL            ??
PostgreSQL - Triggers, Functions, Constraints    ??
PostgreSQL - Performance Test Results     Simon/Mark Wong
PostgreSQL - Case Study                ??
PostgreSQL - on Red Hat                ??
PostgreSQL - on SuSE                ??
PostgreSQL - Anything else you fancy?

Please let me know if you'd like to do one of the talks I've put myself
down for...you can see I'll still have a few others...

Best Regards, Simon Riggs