Re: Ingres dump files to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Ingres dump files to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On K, 2005-05-18 at 12:57 +0200, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a dump from an Ingres database, one file per table it seems. I went
> looking on www.postgresql.org for documentation for people who want to move
> to PostgreSQL from other databases, but I couldn't find any such thing.
>
> So, does a convert utility from ingres dump files to PostgreSQL already exist?
> It's not a big problem for me; I can write a perl program to do the stuff. i
> just started wondering about it, giving their common ancestry.

The common ancestry is form times when Ingres (University Ingres) used
Quel for its query language, before time when Postgres (without "ql" at
the end) was created, which used PostQuel up to v4.2 .

There are migration scripts for Oracle and MySQL in contrib.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>