Re: Migration to PGLister - After - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Golub
Subject Re: Migration to PGLister - After
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello, Magnus.

You wrote:

MH> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Pavel Golub <pavel@microolap.com>wrote:

MH> Hello, Tom.

MH>  You wrote:
TL>> Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin@geoff.dj> writes:>>> The removal of the [HACKERS] (etc) header will be frustrating for
me:I do>>> not sort mailing lists into folders (I simply scan the "Forums" autofilter>>> in gmail) and have no wish to
doso, and there is no way to make such a>>> machine-readable header visible in gmail.

TL>> I'm told it's actually very easy to handle this in gmail: set up a filterTL>> that recognizes list messages (make
itkey on the List-ID header) and thenTL>> tags them with an appropriate label.

TL>> We should put detailed instructions about how to do that on the wiki pageTL>> about the migration, but not being a
gmailuser I can't provide exactTL>> instructions.

MH>  Here my post with instructions and screenshots
MH> https://pgolub.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/hackers-and-bugs-lists-migration-and-gmails-filters/

MH> Thanks!

MH> It's also worth noticing that if you use gmails feature  "Filter
MH> messages like these" on one of the mails, it will automatically
MH> populate the search box with the list header by default.

Nice!!! Will add to the post. Thanks!

--
With best wishes,Pavel                          mailto:pavel@gf.microolap.com