Re: SQLException "Connection is closed. Operation is not - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ragnar Hafstað
Subject Re: SQLException "Connection is closed. Operation is not
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 03:38 +0530, Rajiv Verma wrote:
> I'm accessing postgres database through tomcat 4.3.1.
> I'm able to execute the select and update query through my application
> but Insert query is giving following SQLException :
> Connection is closed.  Operation is not permitted.

looks like your application is closing the database
connection before the insert.

are you doing the insert within the same tomcat
request as the selects ?

con you reproduce this using the simplest possible
test case. i.e:
have your doPost() only
  a) open db connection
  b) perform select