Re: BUG #17757: Not honoring huge_pages setting during initdb causes DB crash in Kubernetes - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17757: Not honoring huge_pages setting during initdb causes DB crash in Kubernetes
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On 1/20/23 23:48, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>> Here is a PR with a possible fix:
>> https://github.com/postgres/postgres/pull/114/files

> I doubt we want to just go straight to changing the default value for
> everyone.

Yeah, that proposal is a non-starter.  I could see providing an
initdb option to adjust the value applied during initdb, though.

Ideally, maybe what we want is a generalized switch that could
replace any variable in the sample config, along the lines of
the server's "-c foo=bar".  I recall having tried to do that and
having run into quoting hazards, but I did not try very hard.

            regards, tom lane