Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?
Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?  (Christopher Petrilli <petrilli@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 17:03 -0400, Christopher Petrilli wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2005 4:58 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Can you do:
> > select relname from pg_class where relfilenode = 26488271
> > and confirm that the name is the table you've been loading...
>
> It is.
>
> > Couldn't see all your indexes... are they still there?
>
> Nope, I'm running a second run without the auxilary indices.  I only
> have the primary key index.  So far, a quick scan with the eye says
> that it's behaving "better", but beginning to have issues again.  I'll
> post results as soon as they are done.

Hmmm....

Before I start to tunnel-vision on a particular coincidence...

How much memory have you got on the system?
How much of that have you allocated to various tasks?
What else is happening on your system?
Tell us more about disk set-up and other hardware related things.
Disk cache...disk speed...seek times....etc

Best Regards, Simon Riggs